Blog chatter A2Z 2022- Theme Reveal
|Image taken from Blog chatter|
This year, I am taking my debut plunge into A2Z writing campaign as part of Blog chatter's writing programme. Ever since I started blogging in 2006, the writing partying, A2Z, has come and gone without giving me a heck. Every time, I found an excuse, but this time, I will resist the mounting reasons from inside --the motivation from the Blog chatter team is compelling.
Last year, I joined Blog Chatter at the end of the A2Z campaign and couldn't participate in it. And I couldn't capitalise on its other scheduled monthly programmes being lazy or didn't get into the grove well. This year it is a different story--came January, the month of all preparation--joined Cause a Chatter, a quarterly challenge with writing three blog posts per quarter. So far, my two posts submitted got approval, and the third one is ready for submission. February came with Write a Page A Day, a fun writing journey, the target, complete ten thousand words and concluded successfully.
The month of March came with a creative writing experience of difference #CauseAChatterWritFest, the readers meeting authors. It was a productive exercise to attend the online sessions where authors shared nuances of their writing publishing experiences.
Now the April Creative Writing Marathon, A2Z is Approaching
The team managers of the Blog Chatter are well set in their plan--April 07 to 21, the theme reveal, and April 01 to 30, write twenty-six blog posts to successfully complete the campaign.
That much is the theory-- but how to work it out having no previous experience. Began to Google it and read a series of blog posts that came under the banner of BlogchatterA2Z to help the doubting ones like me. The followings are what I got in summary:
- This is an international challenge in art and creativity, and the #Blogchatter team makes it a unique campaign for its members to horn their writing skills and make it a habit.
- It's an annual event in April to write twenty-six posts publish in your blog each for an alphabet in the English language. Every day, excluding Sundays, so in total, twenty-six posts.
- Another rule--start the post with an alphabet. April's first post begins with the letter A or a prominent word in the post starts with it. (Already I anticipate a problem here. Would I be able to keep this rule in twenty-six posts? One or two would have been easy. Anyway, let me see how it goes!)
- Prior preparation is essential here. Theme reveal is paramount and tricky. It means you make public what topics you will cover in the twenty-six posts. The rule is not top-down--you're your master.
- After a soul search, I have opted for continuity in line with my year plan for 22 to complete the remaining chapters of my novel, shine up the short stories catching dust on my laptop, and show them light. With the February #WritingAPage campaign I tried that. But wasn't sure whether that would work here.
- After reading the help posts, I got the answer that it is possible
"My Finalised Theme - Introducing Arjun Madhavan, the protagonist in my upcoming thriller, Murder at Thampuran Kotta, and completing the remaining chapters."